There’s nothing better than the sweet flavour of home-grown strawberries! Loved by children and adults alike, it’s little wonder this easy-to-grow groundcover is among the most popular food crops in Australian home gardens.
NOW IS THE BEST TIME TO PLANT:
- Strawberries like lots of sun, so make sure they are in a sunny position.
- Good drainage is essential, so build up garden beds if your soil is heavy clay and dig in a good compost medium like Searles 5 IN 1™Organic Plant Food.
- Strawberries are also ideal for growing in pots, planters or even in hanging baskets on a sunny balcony OR just plant them directly into a bag of Searles Premium Potting Mix (learn how here How to Grow Salad in a Potting Mix Bag).
- Maintain a good layer of mulch over the soil or potting mix. This will conserve moisture, but it will also keep fruit in good condition by preventing it from touching the ground.
5 GREAT WAYS TO GROW STRAWBERRIES AT YOUR PLACE!
1. Hanging Basket
2. Plastic Strawberry Planter
3. In a Ceramic Pot
4. Bag of Potting mix
5. In the Garden